Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Goodbye Letter

Goodbye, Hateful Heat.

I don't miss you nor any of your 100 degrees.

I revel in your socially lesser-favored, cooler-by-35-degrees, younger sibling.

I love working up a sweat, not sweating for sake of it.

My hydration levels also are not sorry to see you go. My kidneys, brain, muscles, and metabolism all have a message for you.

They say,
Don't let the proverbial door hit you on your metaphorical rear on your way out.

Don't believe me?

Read what happens to you when you're dehydrated.

It ain't pretty.

Yeah, that's right. Heat makes ice creams trucks melt and children weep.

You probably like the fact that you have the sorrowful tears of a million children spilled by your hands, Hateful Heat.

You know...if you had hands.

Please don't come back.

You can, however, tell your younger-by-15-degrees, devilishly-handsome brother that I called.
__________________________________________________________________ Mandi

Current Couch Potato | Aspiring Runner:

Completing my first half marathon to benefit the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America will be a community endeavor. Won't you help me change lives?

Follow | Donate __________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only thing missing from this conversation is your voice. Deposit Your 2¢ Here.

ShareThis