Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

When did I become a runner? I swear I'm not.

In the past week I've inexplicably become committed to two more races before the big half in Napa.

First up, June 18th: The Hog's Rock N Run 5K to benefit the MACC Fund.

As a member of Women for MACC, I don't do nearly enough to support the cause. When Leff's Lucky Town tweeted that folks should sign up for it and I saw that it benefitted MACC, I said, "Ok." A 5K can only help my training, right? And, let's be honest, it's a 15-minute warm-up walk from my house plus there's beer at the end.

Who could say no to that?

Second, July 10th: The Summerfest Rock 'n Sole 10K to Benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities
Again, a run for a good cause, not to mention this one takes me over the Hoan Bridge. The freakin' Hoan Bridge!

As it's a 10K, when I first heard about the Rock 'n Sole (pre-half marathon training) I thought, "Gee, that sounds kind of awesome but I could never do a 10K or half marathon by July 10th."

Guess the joke's on me, kids, because I'm doing it. This 10K will be a great pre-cursor to my Napa half marathon just one short week later.

This opportunity also came to me through The Twitter by my good friend and future business partner, Maggie. Unable to take part, she wanted her registration to go to a good home. I was the second-best choice, I guess. ;)

So that's the story of how I'm running three - count 'em, three - races in a month.

Two Questions:
What was I thinking?????

and

Dare to join me?
__________________________________________________________________ Mandi

Current Couch Potato | Aspiring Runner:

Completing my first half marathon to benefit the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America will be a community endeavor. Won't you help me change lives?

Follow | Donate __________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only thing missing from this conversation is your voice. Deposit Your 2¢ Here.

ShareThis