Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Timely Encouragement - 2

I have an Android app that sends me a new Bible verse every morning.

It can be refreshing, encouraging, or annoying depending on whether or not I need/want to hear the message.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

This morning it was nothing but Appropo. Capital A.



Last night the worry was getting to me.

What if I don't meet my goals? What if I can't raise enough money? What if I can't run 13.1 miles? How am I going to raise all that money? What if I injure myself? Everyone else already has so much raised, what if I can't do it?

Will I let my team, and Katlynn, our Honored CCFA Hero, down????

Yeah, try falling asleep to that brain pattern.

But this morning I woke up and found this verse glaring at me from the screen, just waiting to remind me that I'm not alone in this.

I have you, my supporters.

I have my running buds from Team Challenge WI.

And I have my Father in heaven who, yes, actually cares about these little things I do with my life.

*Sigh*

Yes, the stress is still there, but I think I needed that reminder that I entered into this prayerfully and faithfully, and God knows that and will take care of me.

Little ol' me.
__________________________________________________________________ Mandi

Current Couch Potato | Aspiring Runner:

Completing my first half marathon to benefit the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America will be a community endeavor. Won't you help me change lives?


Follow | Donate
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only thing missing from this conversation is your voice. Deposit Your 2¢ Here.

ShareThis